Friday, July 13, 2007

It's News to me...

Today's Arizona Republic had an article, Valley Home Resales Slow. This article is something to ponder. Not the stats, or the fact that the market is "slow", but rather the question, what is the positive spin on this?

If you know me, do business with me, or otherwise were directed to this blog by me, then you most likely focus your real estate career in the Northeast Valley. So when you read articles about the "Valley Market" or the "National Market", you need to remember that our world is a little different. In Scottsdale and surrounding areas we don't share the same issues as other places in the Valley, like Gilbert or Surprise. We don't have new-build communities around every corner. Communities that are dropping prices and offering an insane amount of discounts to buyers, making it extremely difficult to compete with.

We also have the attractions that buyers want: prestigious location, golf communities, proximity to business, airport, shopping, and transportation corridors. When we look at the things that Arizona has to offer that will keep us going, we see that our NE Valley is THE place to be.

So don't let the Republic, or any other news source, get you down. Rise above the negativity, and stay positive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to ignore facts, or put on those proverbial rose-colored glasses, thereby walking around with your head in the clouds. Quite the opposite. I encourage you to be and stay realistic. Set your expectations as such. Stay informed on what the news reports, especially because this is often the only education on the real estate market that your clients and prospects receive. You need to know what they are learning, so you can sort out fact-or-fiction issues for them. Give them the real scoop, not the sensationalized. As I am always reminding my agents, the reporters' job is NOT to report the news. It's to sell newspapers. And let's face it, sensationalism sells.

Want to stay informed? Contact me to learn more about NATnews, our daily real estate news email blast. It's free, and can keep you informed on the day's news pertaining to real estate in Arizona. Email me at jsemerau@nat.com or by calling me at 602-294-2904.

Until next time...

No comments: